jueves, 20 de agosto de 2015

SPORTS ACTIVITIES, SUITE FRANÇAISE & DREAMS -by Candi Vilar

 Sports activities



·       My opinion:

At present, I think the fact of making a sport activity is not at all a bad thing (obviously) but in my opinion this is a topic that includes many people and lifestyles. In my case since I was little I have been pushed towards sports so much, that now it's hard for me feel comfortable with any sport activity. I've been a few years without focus on any activity and my family and my doctor blamed my "anti-sports attitude" to the fact that I don´t grow as much as I should grow, and I honestly don´t think that was the reason because I know many tall people who don´t like play sports.


·        My doctor's opinion:

He thinks that if I had led a sporty life, now I would be a little taller, and wherever I see him, he tells me that I still have time but I need to know that sports is something good for me.


·         Conclusion:


Leading a healthy lifestyle where occasionally you take part in any sport would be ideal but don´t feel pressured if you see that sport is not for you.


Suite française (film)


A few weeks ago I went to the cinema because many people had recommended me a very good film based in the France occupied by the Nazis in the 40s (World War II).
The movie takes you back to a small family formed by Lucille Angellier and her mother-in-law, whose husband and son is a prisoner in the war, you can see when their peaceful lives are interrupted by a regiment of German soldiers, and for a obligation all the good French families from the region must accommodate a soldier at home. That's when the dramatic and short love story between Lucille and Bruno starts.
In my opinion this is a rather tough story especially for the large differences between the protagonists (besides the two protagonists are married and not together) .But I think that explains the hard life of that time very well where there were no happy endings.
In general I'd give this movie 3 out of 5 stars because there are some things that have not convinced me like its open ending or the role of secondary stories.



Why some dreams are remembered while others don´t?


The other day I read in the newspaper an article that caught my attention because it spoke of something that usually happens to us but we never have an answer. Normally this is a topic that people don´t understand but generally it creates interest.

The article was written by a psychologist specialized in the subject of dreams which he describes like a “difficult world to understand” for that he would like to focus only on because sometimes we remember dreams and other don´t.
He starts by saying that the main reason of the event that is basically how much we have impacted by the dream, so we tend to remember more nightmares than other dreams, but for him this isn´t the only reason and affirms another one but in this case physical produced by the brain mechanism that controls whether we remember or forget things when we are awake, is involved. All work was carried out in the University of Rome (Italy) which used an electroencephalogram (EEG) to monitor the brain activity of students as they slept.

In my opinion it is a very difficult subject to talk about, because it's something that we can´t control and there will always be doubts.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario