jueves, 20 de agosto de 2015

MY PROM TRIP-by ManuFP

MY PROM TRIP-By: ManuFP
Hello! Today I am going to make a summary about the Prom Trip. The Prom Trip is the experience that all secondary students of Jesús María wait for. The last 23rd of April we started the Trip with the tutors and co-tutors of 4º ESO: Beatriz, Maite, Aurelio and Manuel. It was the best trip I have ever done because we visited many amazing places with my classmates. Now I am going to explain the different towns that we have visited:

GUADALUPE: The first stop was Guadalupe that is a town located in the Province of Cáceres. It wasn´t the first time that I visited Guadalupe, when I was 9 years old I went with my family to Valdecaballeros which is near there. But this time I could visit the Monastery of Santa María Guadalupe which is one of the most important ones in the country for its architecture and Greco´s artwork. It was declared World Heritage Site by UNECO in 1993. Then we had lunch and celebrated Felipe´s birthday.



TRUJILLO: At 18.30 we stopped in Trujillo, an amazing place erected on a big granite rock, where we did a guided tour. We walked through the streets in the historic quarter and we saw the statue and Francisco Pizarro´s house too who is one of the most important conquerors of Amercia in the fifteenth century. It was pouring so we finished the tour very quickly.



CÁCERES: We arrived in Cáceres and left our luggage at, in my opinion, the best Hotel of the trip, Barceló V Centenario, then we had for dinner pasta, burgers and fries. The next day we had breakfast at 9:00: scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee…


Then we visited Cáceres, which is a very beautiful town full of history and ancient monuments like Palacio de Carvajal o the Santa Marías Concathedral, for this reason the walled city has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. I could never imagine that Caceres was so amazing.


 Once finished the tour, we went to have lunch and then, watching the TV news, we found out about the horrible plane crash in France with several Spanish passengers. After it, we travelled to Coimbra, Portugal, we crossed the border so we couldn’t use our mobile phones for whatsapp, facebook or sending email. After arriving to our travel destination the bus broke down and Javi, the other bus driver helped us to fix it.

COIMBRA: At 19:15 we stopped in Coimbra and visited the old town but this time without a tour (great!), My friends and I (Felipe, Gon, Ina and Juan) went to the top of the city to visit the most amazing places in that City like Coimbra´s university or the typical buildings. At 20:30 we came back to the Emidio Navarro Square where we meet an alcoholic person who disturbed us. We came back to the bus and then we went to the hotel. There we unpacked, had dinner and had free time. I sat on a bench overlooking the whole city at night. At 8:00 we had breakfast and took the bus to travel to our destination, Lisbon



LISBON: Finally we arrived in our destination. Lisbon is the capital of Portugal, it is one of the most amazing cities I have ever visited. There we made a guided tour but inside the bus with a lovely girl, she showed us the most extraordinary places of Lisbon like Torre de Belem which is by the Tajo river, where the river becomes wider and finishes in the Atlantic Ocean. We also visited the Plaza del Comercio and the25th of may bridge which connected Lisbon with Almada. When the guided tour finished I bought some souvenirs for my Family like a cup, the Flag of Portugal, and 4 Pasteles de Belem boxes, that is the best cake I have ever eaten. We had lunch and went to Mérida


MÉRIDA: We arrived at 21:00 to Mérida and we had free time. At 8:30 we had breakfast and visited the Roman Theater and Amphitheater. This time the tour guide was Manuel, that in my opinion was the clearest in his explanation. When the tour was done we went to the bus and we returned to Madrid… (nooooo…..)



MADRID: It turned out, in my opinion, the most awaited moment for the teachers but the saddest time for the students, the return to Madrid… In this time I was with Beatriz and Maite and we talked about the school my sisters and a lot of different topics like the my opinion of the prom trip. We also talked with Lucia and Belen. Then we arrived in Madrid and picked up my luggage. After saying goodbye I came back home very quickly to explain to my parents the amazing prom trip that we had done.

CONCLUSSION: The prom trip has been my best high school experience. I recommend for future students to make the same journey! I have learnt that the most important thing is not where you go it is just who you go with…! I would also like to apologize to the teachers for our behavior.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, AND SEE YOU SOON!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario