lunes, 27 de julio de 2015

STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAMS-by Carmen Peña

This blog is about student exchange programs. Those are programs in which students from a school travel to a sister school in a different country. The exchange student lives with a host family and on many occasions, will offer their home and family to a member of their host family in return. 
Students are expected to integrate themselves into their new family and their new environment. After that period, they come back to their own country with this great experience incorporated into their personality, mind and soul. 
My personal experience with exchange programs has been great so far. I went to Devon in th UK and I met Emily and her lovely family and friends. I had my own room in a beautiful house that was close to the school we attended. I had fabulous time, and I learned a lot even if I was only there for a week. Emily came to stay with me and my family and it was also great to be able to show her my school, meet my friends and see places again through her eyes. 
Next September my school participates in a exchange program with two schools from Washington and I do look forward to being selected as one of the students that will join the program.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario