miércoles, 30 de diciembre de 2015

FILM AND SUMMER REVIEWS-by Máximo Herreros

THE BRIDGE OF SPIES:


 Last Friday I went to the cinema to watch the new Steven Spielberg movie, The Bridge of Spies, a film that relates the world situation in the early 1960’s and with the background of the Cold War at its highest peak.



James Donovan (Tom Hanks), is a insurance lawyer in Brooklyn when he is suddenly involved in the Cold War between his country and the USSR. The CIA asks him to negotiate the liberation of an american pilot (Austin Stowell) captured by the Soviet Union.

Different stages, a great background and the characterization of the characters have made me enjoy this movie.

INSIDE OUT
Riley is a girl that has every kind of feeling. Although her life has been mainly affected by happiness, there are other kinds of feelings in her life. What Riley doesn’t understand is why sadness exists in her life.



This is a film for adults; not in the way that it has violence, sex or a bad language, this is a film for adults because of the many elements that it includes and a kid couldn’t understand although the movie is animated.

Riley is a girl that lives happy in her town in Minnesota. She has friends, plays hockey and has a nice life.
Suddenly her father gets a new job in San Francisco, and something starts to change in Riley’s mind.
One of her feelings, sadness, begins to behave weirdly, changing the feelings that were inherent to Riley's memories, and the consequences in Riley’s behavior soon are evident.



This film explains in a basic form the way how the mind of a kid starts to change when he or she begins to grow up. 


  MY SUMMER
In this blog I will be talking about how these almost three months of vacations were. I don´t have any photos because I was too busy to make any but I think you will imagine it if I tell you it enough accurately.

The holidays started with a not very grateful surprise: I was going to be sent to Ireland, and my mother asked me to when she had already booked the tickets for the plane!
I stayed one month in Ireland and I actually left Ireland thinking the same as I thought when I arrived there: I didn´t like it. Not because of the people (in fact they were very very very very very very very very very very very kind to me), not for the food (although you get a little tired of such potatoes) but because of the weather: there is always autumn, and autumn is the season I hate the most.

After arriving in Spain, I went as every summer to my grandmother´s house, in Palencia (yes, with “P”) and stayed alone just with my grandma and my uncles there for two weeks. You will be probably thinking that was another situation that I didn´t like but the truth is that those were the best weeks in the summer. My grandmother is not the typical kind of grandmother that is always grabbing your cheeks and cooking cakes. Nothing further from the truth, my grandma hates cooking and prefers reading the newspaper and watching TV. In that time and without my brother or parents I rapidly finished my homework (yes, homework in summer) and started watching all the movies I hadn´t seen in the whole year. 


My parents arrived, my cousins arrived; now the family was full and the vacations really started. First, we moved to a couple of apartments on the beach and stayed two weeks there without any important incident. We returned to Madrid the 30 of August and I started preparing the year.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario