lunes, 21 de diciembre de 2015

MY CHRISTMAS-by Cristina Barreto



MY CHRISTMAS
Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I really like summer but Christmas is very special to me. I usually spend my holidays in Madrid with all of my family and sometimes I also go to my house in the countryside for new year's eve.
In my opinion, Christmas holidays begin quite late in Spain. We break up for the holidays around on the twentieth of December meaning that we usually have about three days until Christmas Eve which makes the holidays look a lot shorter. This year, for example, the holidays begin on the 23rd of December and I really don't like that, but there's nothing I can do about it.
I always spend Christmas Eve at my house with my family by mother's side. We all have dinner together and it's very nice. On Christmas Day I usually have lunch at my auntie's house with my family by father's side. My auntie is a great cook and we all love her meals. On the days that are not festivities I usually go out with my friends or spend time with my cousins. We always do very simple things like going shopping or ice skating, but we always have a lot of fun. I watch the Christmas Parade every year with my cousins and my sisters, but I think I'll watch it with my friends this year. Epiphany day is my favorite part out of all. I go to my cousin's house the night before and we all bring a shoe so that on the next morning we look for it and that's where our presents are. I always have so much fun opening my presents and seeing everyone else's too. We always have lunch and spend the whole day together and at night we usually watch a movie. Also, every year, I do a secret Santa with my cousins which is always fun!
Every year I decorate the Christmas Tree with my sisters and we also set up the nativity's scene. This year, sadly, I've lost all of the figurines we use for the Nativity's scene and the decorations for the tree. I'm very sad because we need to buy new ones and we haven't been able to decorate the house for Christmas.
Regardless of this issue, I'm really excited for Christmas and I hope everyone will have a really good time and has had a great year.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario