domingo, 24 de abril de 2016

EASTER HOLIDAYS-by Cecilia Galarraga

Easter Holidays

Last month on my Easter holidays I went to Oliva, a little village in Valencia, on the East coast of Spain. I went with my father and during the journey we stopped in a beautiful lake called Contreras where we took lots of photos.
Finally, four hours later, we arrived to the house my father had rented and we sorted everything out. The house we went to, was not the one we usually go to, because ours is under construction, but we always spend summers in Oliva. On the one hand it was very nice spending some days in such a big house with a private garden (as ours is a flat), but on the other hand I found it less welcoming because it was someone else’s property.
Next day, first thing in the morning, we went to the beach. It was quite empty but that did not make it boring at all. We got a little bit tanned, but, although the temperature was great, we were not able to get into the sea. We ate paella, different types of fishes and nearly every day Mediterranean typical dishes.  

I rode the horse I normally take care of in summer and I hung out with some summer friends that I have not seen in a long time. But apart from having lots of fun we also went to church on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 00:00, because of Christ’s resurrection. We also could enjoy a beautiful sunset in Dénia and get the best out of the night in a “drive in” cinema with all the stars shinning above us. My father and I had fantastic vacations, although we both think they were too short.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario