jueves, 11 de diciembre de 2014

Next Christmas

Next Christmas

December has always been a special month for me, basically because it's Christmas, lottery time, and King's day, which I consider kind of an extension of Nativity. Every year, after the tough exam period, it's time to relax a bit and enjoy time with the family. I usually spend  Christmas with my Mum and Daddy, from the 24th of December and till the 30th. I am with my Mum but after the 30th and till King's day, I stay with my father.

This year is going to be particularly different, since the 22nd of December we will be going to Lanzarote and spend Christmas day in a beautiful hotel by the beach. The fantastic weather of the Canaries will help us forget about the winter in the peninsula, also we will be able to practice a lot water sports like windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, etc. Our return to Madrid, no doubt, will be hard, but I have always heard that holidays are an abstraction of reality. 


I will spend the second chapter of my idyllic Christmas this year with my father. As always, there will be a family gathering and a lot of food around. I have to be careful and eat less because last year I put on about five kilos and needed to work out quite a lot to get rid of them.

On January 1st, I will go to mass with the family to bless the arrival of the new year and wish luck to all our beloved ones. King's day is the day all kids are waiting for, due to the excitement generated by the presents.

The dream is finally over, time to wake up and get ready to resume school.
But I wished all of Christmas was like this.

Fernando Frias

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario