miércoles, 7 de octubre de 2015

MY EXPERIENCE IN IRELAND-by Marta de la Cuesta



MY EXPIRIENCE IN IRELAND

I´ve been studying in Ireland in 2nd year for one year.
My school was called King´s Hospital School and it was located in Palmerstown, a small village on the outskirts of Dublin.
This period of time in a different country helped me to live a new experience and made me think how to be independent and how to do things that I normally wouldn´t do in my house in Spain.


I went to many excursions to museums and parks. My favourite place in Ireland that I´ve been in is Phoenix Park; it is a natural park where lots of animals live. There´re lots of people running or just going for a walk. The most common animal in Phoenix Park is the deer. You can feed them with carrots or you can just take pictures with them. You should visit the Tower of Wellington, that it´s a tower of 62 metres of height where de Duke of Wellington used to live.
The most different thing that I did in Ireland was to be in a Viking water truck. First you needed to wear a life vest to protect yourself and then you could wear a Viking hat. This water truck was mostly like the tourist buses in Spain; a tour around Dublin and a boat trip down the River Liffey. 

The way that my school in Ireland was built was very different than the way that my Spanish School was. All the schools in Ireland have very big meadows and large spaces where the sports trainings are. You had to do sports every day. Hockey and basketball in winter and tennis and cricket in summer.
KH is a boarding school and the girls houses are in one side of the school and the boys houses in the other one. The weekends were organized with different activities and also extra english for the foreign people. On the Saturday night we used to have prep (study time) and afterwards a movie with fizzy drinks and popcorns.


I would like to go back to Ireland and visit my irish friends.
This is an unforgettable experience that I have had.


                                                                          Marta de la Cuesta Junco
                                                                          Nº 7      5/10/15

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario