domingo, 18 de octubre de 2015

MY TRIP TO PARIS-by Casilda Castellanos

MY TRIP TO PARIS

Everybody says that spring is the best season to visit Paris and I had the good luck to go there in April. It’s true that the city looks very attractive when the flowers are blossoming. My hotel was surrounded by an enormous garden full of flowers of all kinds. It was like being in the countryside but still in the middle of the city.
The views from my room were even better because I could see the fairy tale rooftops of the romantic city, with the Eiffel Tower in the distance. I was so excited because it is such a famous monument and since when I was little I had always wanted to see it.
The next day I got up full of energy because we were going to visit the Eiffel Tower. We started walking and crossed Champs-Elysées and looked in the windows of the luxury shops. When we arrived in front of the tower I was very surprised because it was so big and it was rusty and not black as I had thought. We went up the stairs to the second level because there was a long queue for the lift.
We climbed numerous stairs and when we got to the second level we were breathless.
My mother was so exhausted and she was sorry she hadn´t waited for the lift. However, it was worth the effort because the views were magical. It was sunny so we could see all Paris and the people below looked like ants through the glass floor. At last a dream had come true for me as I was standing in the Eiffel Tower.
Another impressive visit was to the Louvre. The first thing I saw was the glass pyramid in front of the museum. Before going there I had thought that the pyramid was too modern to be placed near the majestic museum, but in my opinion it’s a great idea and it doesn’t look ridiculous. In the museum we wanted to see the famous Mona Lisa of course. It was difficult to see it clearly because of the crowds of people pushing for a look. When I did see it I was disappointed, because it was much smaller than I had thought, but it was beautiful too.

I loved my visit to Paris but I thought that the Parisians were unpleasant and cold. They don’t seem to be very welcoming to tourists. Nevertheless, the city was magnificent and huge compared to Madrid. It was a fantastic experience that I want to repeat as soon as I can. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario