viernes, 16 de enero de 2015

CANARY TRIP- by Belén Maña

Canary travel


Hi! This month I’m writing about my last Christmas. These holidays I have been to the Canary Islands, specifically to Gran Canaria. I spent ten days there, from 18th December until 28th December, so it included Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

The first 5 days I was there with my parents and my sister and, the sixth day, my uncles arrived so we could spend Christmas together.



Day 1. 18th December.
This day we woke up really early and we had hardly slept. Why? Because the flight was taking off at 6:00 a.m. and we had to be almost two hours before that at the airport to do the check in.
I was very tired so I was asleep during the whole flight, and I woke up just as the sun was rising and the plane was landing.


After arriving we went to our flat, we unpacked our suitcases and we went out to have lunch. We went back to the flat to rest and take a nap, and in the afternoon we visited the historic city centre of Telde (the area we were staying at).


Day 2. 19th December.
On 19th December we asked for a map of the island in order to plan the trips we wanted to do. Although the island is quite small, it is impossible to go all over it just in a day because going from the Northest to the Southest point could take you at least a couple of hours due to the amount of curves you have to drive through.
This day we decided to take the northern route of the island, to visit some characteristic villages. It made you feel dizzy to get there because the roads were at the edge of terrifying cliffs.I must admit that the views were awesome, though.

Day 3. 20th December.
The third day we decided to go to the beach. We were excited because of the nice warm weather during Christmas holidays. We went to Maspalomas, which is famous for its sand dunes that make you feel as if you are in the dessert but, when you turn around, you are 50 metres from the ocean. After that, we went to Mogán, which is the most touristic area in the island because it’s to the South, so it’s sunny almost every day. Although we spent the whole day at the beach sunbathing, the water was freezing!



Day 4. 21st December.
This day we went to Gran Canaria city to visit my father’s aunt (my great aunt) that lives there, because she was one of the reasons we had gone to Gran Canaria. We spent the whole day with her so we didn’t do anything special apart from having lunch in a “Guachinche”. Guachinches are the typical restaurants in Canarias that serve common Canary food like “Papas arrugadas con mojo” or “Gofio’s cake”.

Day 5. 22nd December.
This day we decided to go to the central area to visit more characteristic villages like Valleseco, famous for its lagoon; Artenara, famous for its hermitage; or Teror, famous for its main street which is full of balconies (in my opinion, the best village in this route).


This day I had a really bad experience: I was walking around the lagoon with a croissant on my hand when I saw a couple of gooses and I had the brilliant idea of throwing them a piece of croissant. They were cute during the first seconds, but then they started to move closer to me, and closer, and closer... and I realised I was surrounded by lots of evil gooses stepping on my feet looking for my croissant. I had to throw it away and run away!!



My trip didn’t end here, but my post of this month does. In my next post I’ll keep on writing about my last five days of the travel (which were really exciting because we went scuba diving, canyoning, etc).





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario