viernes, 9 de enero de 2015

WHAT HAVE I DONE THIS CHRISTMAS?-by Andrea Escribano

What have I done this Christmas?
This year is the first year that I stayed in Madrid on Christmas; other years I went to Santander. I celebrated there Christmas Eve and Christmas at my grandparents’ house with my dad´s family. At home we don´t celebrate Santa Claus, we celebrate Jesus' birth and we give presents on Christmas. 
This year they have given me a phone, a coat, money and more things that I don´t remember.
These holidays, I went out with my friends everyday and also one day I went to Cortylandia, (a show of el Corte Ingles, a shopping center that is very famous in Spain) because my little sister wanted to see it.
New Year´s Eve and New Year I celebrated at my mum´s family. Something typical in Spain is to watch the bells ring while people eat one grape for each ring of the bell. In total there are twelve bells that ring. One for each month of the year.
The parade of the Three Wise Men is another tradition, is for all the children in Madrid. The parade has a lot of different floats and at the end the three most important floats are: Three Wise Men; Melchior, Gaspar and Balthasar.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario