domingo, 25 de enero de 2015

MY SOUTH DARTMOOR EXPERIENCE-by Lucía Alonso

MY SOUTH DARTMOOR EXCHANGE EXPERIENCE

I’m going to talk about an amazing experience that I had two years ago…
"Come on guys we are going to lose the plane!" said my teacher.
All the people were in the airport looking at all the shops, chatting, and taking pictures.
We took our suitcases and finally entered the plane.
The trip was so fun! We were the only ones that were from Spain and we were singing and shouting the whole time!
When we arrived to Bristol we had to take a bus; it was very late and we were tired.
Finally, we met our exchange partner at South Dartmoor’s school.
My guest family was very kind. My partner exchange’s name was Maisie Freeman. She has a sister Megan, and a big dog named Betty! They showed me a lot of beautiful places, such as Totnes. We went there by train, and after we had a walk in the forest. I had a great time with them.
Their school was very big, they had a lot of different and interesting subjects too, like cooking and climbing!
One day we had to teach Spanish to the littlest students of the school, they were really cute!
really enjoyed this experience. I met a lot of people, tried to “survive with my English”, learned new words and expressions and tasted different types of food.
This is a funny way to learn English or improve it, when you are there, you have to try to talk all that you can and not be shy or scared to make a mistake, just talk and be ready to learn new things!

1. When we visited the school, they were celebrating the red nose day, on this day all the students play games, wear funny costumes, and obviously a red nose!! They do this to save money for their school the 15th of March.

2. This is Totnes a beautiful small village on the countryside. Here I tested typical food like fudge or pasty.

3. This is South Dartmoor’s School. This picture shows the climbing wall activity. One day all the Spanish people climbed to the top; it was so fun! The school had seven buildings for different subjects!

I hope you have enjoyed with my story!!! Thank you for reading!
BY LUCÍA ALONSO DE MEDINA VIVAR 4ºESO C

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario