viernes, 30 de enero de 2015

MY EXPERIENCE IN FRANCE-by Emilia Ruiz Manjón

My Experience in France

Last time I talked about my experience in Boston, but today i'm going to tell you about my time in France. Last year, I spent six months in a boarding school in France. 

I went to Poitiers, a small town in the middle west of France.    

I got there the 8th of January. I was really excited but at the same time I was truly nervous because i'm very shy. It was a really long trip it took like 8-9 hours to get there. The first day, I went to the school in which I was going to stay the following months. It was really small and there were lots of nuns because it was a catholic school. It's name is Saint Chaumond. A nun showed me my room, which there was called a "box": it had a wardrobe, a sink, a little table, and a bed. It wasn't really big. Then, I met the other Spanish girls that had been there since the first trimester. They were really nice. My parents left and I stayed there organizing my stuff. Around eight I went to have dinner with the other spanish girls and the french girls also. Everyone was staring at me because I was the new girl. After dinner we had free time, then a little bit of study and then we could go to bed. The second day, I met my class and all my teachers who were really nice even though I couldn't understand them a lot. I was in class with a girl my age named Lucia who is now one of my closest friends. There were five of us girls in my school year, one who was one year older than me, three who were one year younger than me, and the others who were two years younger than me but they were a lot because they came from the Saint Chaumond in Madrid where in sixth grade you can go to France. 

Poitiers was really small and very quiet. We could leave the school on saturdays and wednesdays for like three or four hours. We could not do many things because we didn't have much time but we had a lot of fun because we were all together. As I said before Poitiers was so calm that when we walked in the street it looked as if it were only us because we were the ones making all the noise. At school everyone said that you knew when spanish girls were coming because they made so much noise. Poitiers from my point of view looked like it was fake, in the sense that everything was so quiet and clean and everyone was really silent, that it took me time believe it was true because it's really different from Madrid.   




I had an unbelievable time there, I made lots of friends and I also made so many memories.

Emilia

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario