miércoles, 18 de marzo de 2015

LAST WORDS-by Ethel S-V

LAST WORDS:
The moment of your death will probably be the most definitive moment of your life (ironic, huh?). People may not take last words seriously because they think people are just probably raving; but I personally think they are very important: it’s your last opportunity to show something to the world; your last opportunity to make an impact and to leave life with the feeling that you’ve achieved something. Some people,I think, have already planed what they will say the moment of their death, but I think that what makes last words special it’s for them to come out at that moment; of course, some of them aren’t anything deep but sarcastic or ironic, and I find that very curious, I mean, I find it kind of extraordinary the ability some people have to keep on trying to be funny even in their last moments of life, maybe even just to not make someone they love worry.
Here are some famous last words:
1)      Lord Byron: “Now I shall go to sleep. Goodnight.”
2)      Winston Churchill: “I’m bored with it all.”
3)      Charles Darwin: “I’m not the least afraid to die.”
4)      Thomas Edison: “It’s very beautiful over there.”
5)      Edgar Allan Poe: “Lord help my poor soul.”
6)      Leonardo Da Vinci: “ I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have.”
7)      Jane Austen: “Nothing but death.” (She said that in response to her sister, who asked her if there was anything she wanted).
8)      Steve Jobs: “Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.”
9)      Benjamin Franklin: “A dying man can’t make anything easy.” (He said that after asking for her daughter to move so that he could breath better).
10)   Frank Sinatra: “I’m losing.”
11)   Elvis Presley: “I’m going to the bathroom to read.”
12)   Jack Daniels.: “One last drink. Please.”
13)   John Wayne: His daughter, holding his hand, asked him if he knew who she was; to which John Wayne replied “Of course I know who you are. You are my girl. I love you.”
14)   George Harrison: "Love one another."
15)   Mozart: “The taste of death is upon my lips. I feel something that is not from this earth.”
Although I have put famous people’s last words, the people who said them are not really important at all; it’s the words they said what are important.

ETHEL S-V

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario