jueves, 5 de marzo de 2015

WHY IS CENSORSHIP BAD?-by Diego Barrenechea



WHY IS CENSORSHIP BAD?

This is a blog in which I give my opinion as a student about something, so what I am giving is my humble opinion.
Why is censorship bad? Well, first of all this was a pretty hard blog to do because when I thought of something to talk about the first thing that came to my mind was censorship. But at that moment I was planning on talking about how censorship could sometimes be something good but at the same time something awful, but I wasn´t able to think on a single situation in which censorship was a good thing, so, instead of that I am talking about why censorship is bad.

I see censorship as something bad   because I couldn´t imagine myself having to change my own words or the way I do things just because it is not what someone wants to hear or see.
But does that mean that some people like children could see anything, like a movie that contains a lot of violent content? Of course not, there is a huge difference between not letting your kids watch a violent movie and not letting someone say what they think or watch a TV program just because you don´t want them to think that way or listen to someone thinking the way you don´t want them to. And parents are the ones supposed to decide what is good for their children, and what is not.
But there also are people who just want to censor something because it hurts them in some way. Like for example a family who has lost someone during the war, I don´t think that they would like to listen to someone saying that the war was stupid and that the people who died, died in vain.
But from my point of view, if you don´t like something, try to avoid that thing or even try to prove why that thing is wrong, but let the rest of the people enjoy it or at least discuss it , just because you despise it doesn´t mean that no one else can enjoy it.
Imagine for a second that you can´t watch your favourite programme just because there is someone out there who doesn´t like it.
So my final conclusion and my advice is that censorship is something bad that shouldn´t exist just because there might be someone out there who doesn´t see the things the way you do.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario