lunes, 16 de febrero de 2015

CANARY TRIP PT.2-by Belén Mañá

Hello! On this post I’ll keep on writing about my last Christmas holidays, which I spent in Gran Canaria.
Last month I already wrote about it and I talked about the first five days of my trip, which were the most “touristic” ones because we spent the whole days going sightseeing. However, this month I am writing about the rest of the days which were, in my opinion, the most amazing ones.

Day 6. 23rd December.
On this day we woke up a little bit earlier because my uncle and my aunt had just arrived to the island at 8 a.m. and we had to tidy up everything for their arrival. So as soon as they arrived to our flat, we went for a walk to show them the surrounding area.

After that, we went to have lunch to a restaurant on the promenade, and at the afternoon we went to the Roque Nublo, which is the most famous landmark of Gran Canaria. It is exactly in the middle of the island, and its top is 1813 metres above sea level. My uncle told me that it had been formed by a volcanic eruption, but some materials hadn’t been ejected and so, they remained inside the chimney, getting colder until they turned to stone. Through thousands of years, the wind eroded the soil and sand around it, and that’s how it was formed.



Day 7. 24th December.
On Christmas Eve we had an idea: “Why don’t we celebrate it going scuba diving?!”
It was the best idea ever!
Although this day we had to wake up early too (because the earlier you dive, the better you will see underwater), it was due to a good reason, so I had no problem with it.
We drove up to Mogán (one of the best beaches of the island) and when we arrived, we made two groups: my uncle, my father, my sister and I went to the diving centre; and my mother and my aunt went to the port to get on a touristic submarine, so they could see the same things that we did (or maybe even see us diving!)
The immersion was really great and we could see lots of starfishes, corals, trumpetfishes, eels, an octopus, and groupers.

Near the end of the immersion we heard a noise and I supposed it was a boat, but then we saw the submarine approaching us. Since I knew that my mother and my aunt were in there, I wanted to wave at them (but I could hardly see the inside of the submarine, so I started waving at every window hoping my family were at the other side… it was quite embarrassing).
Then we had lunch at a restaurant on the beach and we spent the rest of the day sunbathing.
At dinner, we ate rice with lobsters, which is not the most typical dish for Christmas dinner, it was delicious though!!
Day 8. 25th December.
As soon as we woke up we unwrapped Santa Claus’ presents. As we were far from home, Santa couldn’t bring so many presents in his suitcase, so we just received a few (and we kept the rest for the Three Wise Men).
I received a bracelet, a necklace, two scarves, and a ticket for a “surprise activity” for my uncle and for me the following day. 
After that we spent the morning at the beach, and at the afternoon we went climbing to a huge climbing wall which seemed a little bit abandoned but we climbed on it anyways. 


Day 9. 26th December.
On this day, my uncle and I had the “surprise activity”, so we had breakfast, we got into the car and we drove for more than an hour.  We arrived to a tiny village and we started our adventure, but... I think I will talk about it next month, because it deserves its own post.

----------SURPRISE ACTIVITY----------

After this, we were really tired so we went back home and we had dinner at a Hot Dog restaurant.

Day 10. 27th December.
This day we went scuba diving again, but this time it was just my uncle, my father and I, because my sister preferred to stay at the beach with my mother and my aunt. So we had to rise early (as usual), and we went to Puerto de Sardina. Although the water was a bit cold, it was such a good day!!! We didn’t do one immersion, we did two!! And I could doubly enjoy it!!


The place was awesome because there was an ancient sunken lighthouse, and a lot of fishes living in it. Most of these fishes were the same as we saw in every other immersion but we also saw two sea-horses swimming!!
After it, we went back home, and then we went to Las Palmas, to have dinner at a restaurant where my parents had eaten when they had been to Gran Canaria at the age of 25.

The last day. 28th December.
The last day we packed all our stuff, and we took the flight back home.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario