martes, 12 de mayo de 2015

WHY I LIKE ENGLAND-by Isabel Costales



Why I like England


My mother was born in England, and I have been lucky to visit many times. When I was young, we went a lot to see my grandparents. They lived in Stratford-Upon-Avon which is a pretty town where Shakespeare was born. The houses and shops are very old. There is a big river, and we used to go with my grandfather to feed the ducks and take a boat on the river. If the weather was good, it was really good fun, but if the weather was bad, it was very boring because we had to stay in the house, and we did not have anything to do. My grandparents did not have Internet in their house, so we could not even send messages to our friends.

When I was 12, I went to boarding school in Buckingham for a term. It was one of the best times of my life. I got to meet lots of new friends from England and also different countries, and I really enjoyed living in a different country. We made lots of trips to great places like a chocolate factory and to London, and I stayed at the weekends at friend's houses and I loved it.

I also like England because it is where I meet with my cousins. They live in Australia, and although I have been to see them twice, it is a long trip and it is easier to see them in England. Last summer we had lunch by the river, went to a park to take photos and played in a maze. It was really good fun. I hope that this summer we will be able to see them as well.

The two things I do not like about England are the weather and the food.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario