domingo, 30 de noviembre de 2014

CAN HOMEWORK HELP STUDENTS TO SUCEED IN SCHOOL?-by Diego Barrenechea

Diego Barrenechea-Arando   3B

Can homework help students to succeed in school?
First of all, I wanted to say that I've been studying in Jesus-maria since I was three years old and I've also studied in England for one year so I am quite used to doing homework but, has homework helped me? Yes, homework has helped me to get better marks on my tests, but I am one hundred percent sure that homework has not helped me as much as it could have, and why is that? That is because sometimes we don't have enough time to practice at school because we have so many things to study and teachers have a lot of things to teach so at the end, teachers just give us homework so we can understand and practice that subject by ourselves which means that we have lot of things to study and lot of homework to do.  And this, happens a lot at Jesus-maria or any other Spanish school, but could this problem be solved? Of course. Back when I was in England, we didn´t have as much homework as we have now and that´s because we didn´t have to study all the things we usually study in Spain, for example when I was in England we studied only one subject each term for each class. Which means that we had plenty of time to practice that subject at school where the teacher could help us and also that at the end of the term we would be really good at that subject instead of doing one test for each subject and after that, forget about it.
So my final opinion is that yes, homework is useful, but teachers depend to much on it instead of making a better use of their time to make sure that the students really understand what they are supposed to study.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario