martes, 25 de noviembre de 2014

THE HOLY THREE KINGS-by Jimena Ortiz

It’s nearly Christmas and I am really excited. This year I am going to the Pyrenees with all my family.  In Spain we have the Holy Three Kings on the sixth of January, my family and I always celebrated it at my grandmother’s house. In many countries, they don’t celebrate the Holy Three Kings, for example in England they just celebrate Christmas and make presents to each other. The Holy Three Kings is actually a religious celebration, it is called an “epiphany”. Children believe that the Holy Three Kings travel around the world with their camels the fifth of January leaving us presents at each of our houses, that’s why the night before epiphany all children leave mandarins and milk for the camels and alcohol and sweets for the three kings, that’s why before every Christmas every kid writes a letter with the things they want and send it to the kings. In reality the kings are the parents and we usually are told that they don’t exist at a determinate age because it’s a tradition. Everyone loves that day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario