miércoles, 26 de noviembre de 2014

My Experience in Boston by Emilia





The first time I went to Boston I was really little, I was 2-3 years old. I went there because of my father's work. My family and I stayed there for 6 months. We lived at the top of a building in Cambridge from where we could see the centre Boston.     
                                                                                                                           


During that period of time there I didn't learn a lot of English because I was too little. At that time USA was going through a really hard time because 1 year before the terrorist attack in New York, the 9/11 took place. 
As I said before I lived in Cambridge, where Harvard University is situated. Harvard is one of the most famous universities all around the world. It was established in 1636.

             The second time I went to Boston it was during the summer when I was ten years old. I stayed there for two months and I went to different summer camps. One of them was in the MIT University that is really well known for being the best university concerning Technology. The other summer camp was in the Charles River. I had sailing classes with a group of other girls, I had a lot of fun.

During that time I stayed in Somerville that is really close to Boston even though it is a different city. When I was there, Spain won the Soccer World Cup so my family and I went out for dinner to celebrate the victory. Being there for that short time helped me a lot with my English.

The last time I've been to Boston was in 2012. This time I also went there for my father's job and we stayed there for a year so I improved my English a lot. We rented a house in Brookline that is next to Boston. I lived in front of my school's park so I only had to walk for three minutes and I was already there. My school's name was Pierce. I really liked the education system there, it was more fun than here in Spain. One thing that caught my attention was the school in the inside, it was really really open, it didn't have walls that separated the classrooms, they were separated by lockers and in the middle of the school there was a huge library. Everything was painted in a different color and there were pipes all over the ceiling. Outside the school, to go from the inside of the school to the outside you had to go through a yellow bridge that went above the road. This is a picture of the library.
During that year I travelled a lot to different states with my family and I learned a lot of English. During the summer I went to three summer camps and I enjoyed them so much. It was an amazing experience and if I could go back I would love to go.

Now, Boston for me it's a really special city. I learned thousands of new things there and I fell in love with that fantastic city.

Emilia

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario