miércoles, 19 de noviembre de 2014

WHAT HAS BECOME OF OUR LIFE? by Ethel Sainz de Vicuña

What has become of our life ?

We wake up, have breakfast, go to school, have lunch, finish school, go back home,

do homework or study, have diner and go back to sleep with the hope that tomorrow

will be a different day, but deeply we know that it will have no difference and that

we will have the same routine. Always the same routine, although some people

may not have it or may like living like that. But , in my case, I have it, and I am

bored of it.

Me and I 'm sure other students or even adults too , have fallen without even noticing

in an unstoppable routine, that goes on and on, diving us in it even more every day.

Of course, we are only fifteen years old and we have to live that routine at least a

few more years, and we can't escape it, but is the thought of it what makes me worry

about it even more, and I can't help but running through my mind the same

question over and over again : Is this the life we are supossed to be living or is it just

that we have became so used to it that we can't get out of it?

Whatever the answer to that question is, I think both of them aren't okay. Have we

really been born just to live a tiring routine that makes us feel like robots that have

been programed to do a list of things during the day and to turn off when it has been

finsihed ? No. I refuse to think that that this is the answer to my question; and I also

refuse to think that the other one is the answer, which is the most possible one to be.

Maybe it's just that we have not tried hard enough to get out of it, with all our

dedication, or maybe we haven't gotten out of it because we are scared of the

unknown; of getting out of our well known routine and getting introduce to a new

world in which we don't know what to do. I really don't know. But I will keep trying

to get out of it, and to live my life now, even if I'm not supossed to do it. I will find

new things to do, new hobbies, new books to read,new events,... I will find anything

that will make my schedule break. Until then , I will continue being a robot.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario