sábado, 22 de noviembre de 2014

MY EXPERIENCE IN CANADA-by Clara Pastor

I am going to talk about my experience in Canada.
Two months ago (in September) I did an Exchange in Toronto, I went with 5 more girls and we had a lot of fun.
My first reaction about Canada was that everything there was green, there were many trees but it was curious because at the same time there were many tall buildings.
Everyday we went to school with our exchange partners, the building was huge and I think that the education system was really different from here, for example
         -         Something that caught my attention was that they didn´t use their books in class, they used computers so they gave me a computer so I could take part in class.
         -         They didn´t stay in the same classroom the whole day, they moved to another classroom  for each lesson.
         -          They could bring their own lunch or buy someting in the canteen.
People at the school were really nice, they talked to you and the helped you if you needed it…



On the weekends we used to do something special, for example we went to Wonderland (amusement park) this was so funny, we took a ride in the longest roller coaster in Canada. We visited the aquarium, we also went to TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) and there we saw Denzel Washington who is a famous  actor.
We´ve been to Niagara Falls, they were beautiful and huge,they impressed me so much, I loved them.





We visited the CN Tower that is one of the highest buildings.



 Where you can see the views of Toronto inside the tower or you can go outside, I did the edge walk, that is the option where you can go outside .
I had to walk around an extern platform it was amazing and it wasn´t dangerous because I had a rope that it could support 7000 kilos. When we were there we did different activities like put your feet on the edge of the platform and your body towards, the same but backwards. They told me that this platform was the highest extern platform in the world. Can you belive it?


The last week we went to a camp, there was a canoe trip

The first day we slept in a nice cabin and we packed all our stuff in big rucksacks.


The next day we were rowing until we arrived to the area where we were going to camp.

The views were so spectacular because the trees were changing the color so each tree had a different color.



When we arrived to the campsite we had to do different tasks like cooking, searching for firesticks and all that stuff.

 At night we sat around the campfire and we sang songs,we talked about different things and we had to be careful with the bears!!!


In general I really liked Toronto and I think that it was a beautiful and entertaining experience.

I recommend the Exchange so if you have the opportunity to go, don´t think about it, just go!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario